ARRIS SB 6190

Home Forums Mac OS ARRIS SB 6190

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TMO 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Jill

Dear LinuxPhreak:

I recently purchased an Arris SB 6190 to replace the modem I was leasing from Time Warner Cable. The SB 6190 was listed on their website as being compatible. I connected the modem as directed in the instructions. The modem booted up with all lights on and indicating that it was operational. First I connected it to my MacBook 2008 via an ethernet cord. The MacBook recognized that there was new hardware – I gave permission to trust the hardware which brought me to the Time Warner site for activation. At this point, Time Warner indicated that it could not recognize the modem to activate it. And I could go no further.

Not sure what my next steps would be – I called Time Warner who offered to come to my house to look at the modem —for a fee of $39.00 an hour “since it was not their equipment.” Is this their attempt to maintain a monopoly? I’m very frustrated!!

Thank you for your insights!!

• #1758 Reply

TMO
    Keymaster

The first thing you do is open up the box. Then you read the manual. Next you plug the eithernet cable to the eithernet port on your computer and the new modem. The last thing you do is plug the power into the modem. It must be in that order. You will get a notification on your computer to activate the modem. Confirm the notification. Then go to http://www.surfboard.com this will redirect you to time warners activation site. You will see a Terms Of Service page from them stating that you agree to not record or share the setup process from then on. Agree to the terms of service and click the agree button. Then follow the rest of the instructions. Based on the TOS that Time Warner made me agree to I can not provide any steps after this.

But I will tell you it is superior to anything that Time Warner would ever lease to you

Reply To: ARRIS SB 6190
Your information: